At Loraine Law Center, we understand that auto accidents can be life-altering events, leaving individuals and families with physical injuries, emotional trauma, and significant financial burdens. Our auto accident attorney is committed to delivering compassionate and experienced legal representation to those who have been involved in auto accidents in Cole County and the surrounding areas. If you or a loved one has suffered due to an auto accident, you can rely on Loraine Law Center to guide you through the process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call Loraine Law Center today at (573) 995-4077 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our auto accident attorney in Cole County.
Common Injuries in Auto Accidents
Auto accidents can result in a broad range of injuries, differing in severity from minor to catastrophic. Some of the most common injuries can include:
- Whiplash and Neck Injuries: Sudden impact can cause the head and neck to jerk violently, leading to whiplash and other neck-related injuries.
- Broken Bones: The impact of a collision can result in fractures and broken bones, often requiring extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Head and Brain Injuries: Even with the protection of seat belts and airbags, head injuries are still a prevalent outcome of auto accidents, ranging from concussions to traumatic brain injuries.
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries: The force of an impact can damage the spinal cord, leading to paralysis, nerve damage, and chronic pain.
- Internal Injuries: The blunt force trauma from an accident can cause damage to internal organs, which may not always be instantly apparent but can have serious long-term consequences.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Sprains, strains, and other soft tissue injuries may lead to pain and discomfort.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Missouri?
If you've been involved in an auto accident in Missouri, it's vital to understand the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit. The statute of limitations is considered the legal timeframe within which you must file your claim. In Missouri, the statute of limitations for most personal injury cases, including car accidents, is five years from the date of the accident. It's important to mention that if you fail to file your claim within this time frame, you could lose your right to pursue compensation for your injuries and damages.
However, it's highly recommended to work with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. Early intervention allows us to gather crucial evidence, speak to witnesses while their recollections are fresh, and ensure that your rights are protected from the very beginning.
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Car Accident in Missouri?
Whether or not you need a lawyer for a car accident in Missouri depends on the specific circumstances of your case. While you are not legally required to hire an attorney, there are several factors to consider that may influence your decision.
- Severity of Injuries: If you or any passengers sustained significant injuries in the accident, it is advisable to consult with a personal injury attorney. They can help you navigate the complex process of obtaining fair compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Insurance Disputes: Insurance companies can be challenging to deal with, and they often try to minimize payouts. An attorney can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to ensure you receive a fair settlement.
- Liability Issues: If fault is disputed in your accident, a lawyer can gather evidence and build a strong case to prove liability. This is especially important if you believe the other party is at fault and they are denying responsibility.
- Legal Expertise: Attorneys are well-versed in the legal intricacies of personal injury claims, and they can help you understand your rights and options.
- Statute of Limitations: Missouri has a statute of limitations that limits the time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. Missing this deadline can result in losing your right to compensation, so consulting with an attorney early can help ensure you meet all necessary deadlines.
- Complex Cases: For accidents involving multiple parties, government entities, or commercial vehicles, the legal process can become more complicated. In such cases, an attorney's expertise is invaluable.
While you can handle a car accident claim on your own, having a skilled Cole County auto accident attorney can significantly improve your chances of a favorable outcome and help relieve the stress of dealing with insurance companies and legal procedures, allowing you to focus on your recovery. It's advisable to consult with a skilled attorney for a personalized assessment of your situation to determine whether legal representation is necessary.
Contact Our Auto Accident Attorney in Cole County Today
If you have been involved in an auto accident in Cole County, Loraine Law Center is here to help. Our car accident attorney understands the physical, emotional, and financial toll that an auto accident can take, and we are committed to fighting tirelessly on your behalf.
Contact Loraine Law Center today to get started with our Cole County auto accident lawyer.
"I began my career as an Assistant Prosecutor in one of the busiest courts in Missouri. I have the knowledge, skill and fortitude to effectively defend against criminal charges. I have successfully tried cases ending in conviction and conducted dozens of prelims on everything from possession charges to murder."
"Excited to work together."Former Client
"Will always recommend them."Madison S.
"He cares about all of his clients."Richard H.
We Resolve Issues Quickly and Efficiently
Direct Access to Attorney
We Care Deeply and Provide Focused Representation
Former Prosecutor Who Knows Both Sides of the Law