Cole County Family Law Attorney
Family Law & Child Custody Lawyer Serving Missouri
We understand that issues relating to family law are messy and complicated. At Loraine Law Center LLC we want to make this process easy and understandable for you as our client. We strive to make your interests represented in an accurate manner in your child custody case so you can have the time you deserve with them as their parent.
Don't feel lost, Our expert attorneys make your needs and understanding their priority during your family law case. We always want to provide a solution that is specific and accurate to your needs and goals.
Common Family Law Cases
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Alimony (Spousal support)
- Division of martial property
"I began my career as an Assistant Prosecutor in one of the busiest courts in Missouri. I have the knowledge, skill and fortitude to effectively defend against criminal charges. I have successfully tried cases ending in conviction and conducted dozens of prelims on everything from possession charges to murder."
"It feels like I’m talking to a friend who happens to be a lawyer too, highly recommend."Amanda B.
"I will be bringing all future issues to this law firm!"Tim K.
"I thank my lucky stars for Kyle and his firm"Larry G.
Confidential Family Law Case Reviews
Same-day service and emergency consults at your location. Call today with questions, or submit for a case review. (573) 995-4077
- Child custody is determined in accordance with the best interest of the child.
- Parent's wishes, the child's relationship with both parents, continuity of schooling, and other factors are considered in the court's analysis. For more information on the criteria by which the court decides custody, please see RSMo 452.375.
- The court will use these child custody laws to determine which parent is best suited to have primary custody of the child.
- A common misconception related to child custody is that the mother is typically awarded primary custody. That is untrue. In fact, the court is prohibited from using factors such as age, sex, or financial status of the parents as reasons to give preference toward either parent in awarding custody.
Divorce & Separation
- Divorce can be extremely stressful. Our divorce attorneys will take the time to explain how the process will work and prepare you for the potential outcomes.
- There are different types of divorce such as uncontested divorce, which means that both parties essentially agree to separate and don't want to fight over assets. This is great, if you don't have children and want to streamline the process. Most of the time, uncontested divorces can be handled without making a trip to the courthouse, by simply filing the divorce papers with the court.
- We offer a flat fee for uncontested divorces, please call us to learn more.
We Resolve Issues Quickly and Efficiently
Direct Access to Attorney
We Care Deeply and Provide Focused Representation
Former Prosecutor Who Knows Both Sides of the Law
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (573) 995-4077.