Holding or moving another person against their will is an offense known as kidnapping. A noncustodial parent may even be charged with kidnapping if they take their child without the custodial parent’s knowledge or permission. At Loraine Law Center, we recognize the serious nature of kidnapping charges. As a Cole County criminal defense lawyer and former prosecutor, founding attorney Kyle Loraine is committed to delivering aggressive representation to clients who have found themselves facing kidnapping allegations, charges, or investigations.
To find out how we can help you, call (573) 995-4077. We serve clients in Cole County, Miller County, and Moniteau County, Missouri.
"I began my career as an Assistant Prosecutor in one of the busiest courts in Missouri. I have the knowledge, skill and fortitude to effectively defend against criminal charges. I have successfully tried cases ending in conviction and conducted dozens of prelims on everything from possession charges to murder."
"I thank my lucky stars for Kyle and his firm"Larry G.
"Went above and beyond to help me."DJ P.
"I will be bringing all future issues to this law firm!"Tim K.
Kidnapping Defense Attorney in Jefferson City, MO
Even in the face of extreme criminal charges like kidnapping, you have rights. You have the right to a legal defense, and your choice of attorney will directly impact the outcome of your case. Give yourself the best opportunity for a positive result by involving a firm that will go to bat for you, that will stop at nothing to see your freedom and rights protected, and that will be with you every step of the way.
Contact Loraine Law Center today for help with kidnapping charges in Cole County or beyond.
What Are the Penalties for Kidnapping in Missouri?
In Missouri, kidnapping may be charged as a misdemeanor or felony depending on the circumstances surrounding the alleged crime. Intent, the alleged act itself, whether state lines are crossed, and various other factors may affect charges and penalties for kidnapping.
A person may face third-degree kidnapping charges if “he or she knowingly restrains another unlawfully and without consent so as to interfere substantially with his or her liberty.” This is a class A misdemeanor, punishable by up to 1 year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000. If the alleged kidnapper takes the person out of Missouri to another state, this becomes a class E felony, punishable by up to 4 years in prison.
First-degree kidnapping involves holding another hostage, holding them for ransom or reward, committing kidnapping to interfere with a governmental or political function, or kidnapping in the commission of a felony. Kidnapping and causing physical injury or terrorizing the victim is also considered first-degree kidnapping. This is a class A felony, punishable by up to 30 years or life in prison.
Experienced Defense Attorneys Fighting for Your Rights
When you or a loved one is facing kidnapping charges, it is crucial to have a skilled defense attorney on your side. At Loraine Law Center, our team of experienced lawyers is dedicated to protecting your rights and providing aggressive representation throughout the legal process.
Why choose Loraine Law Center for your kidnapping defense?
- Extensive knowledge and experience: Our attorneys have years of experience handling kidnapping cases and have a deep understanding of the laws and legal strategies involved.
- Personalized approach: We understand that every case is unique, and we take the time to listen to your story, gather evidence, and develop a personalized defense strategy tailored to your specific circumstances.
- Strong track record of success: Our firm has a proven track record of achieving favorable outcomes for our clients, including dismissals, reduced charges, and acquittals.
- Compassionate and supportive: We understand the stress and anxiety that come with facing serious criminal charges. Our team is here to provide the support and guidance you need during this challenging time.
- Responsive and accessible: We believe in open and transparent communication with our clients. You can rely on us to promptly answer your questions, keep you updated on the progress of your case, and address any concerns you may have.
Don't leave your future to chance. Contact Loraine Law Center today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced kidnapping defense attorneys.
We Resolve Issues Quickly and Efficiently
Direct Access to Attorney
We Care Deeply and Provide Focused Representation
Former Prosecutor Who Knows Both Sides of the Law